Joining the RP;
- READ ALL THE RULES BEFORE APPLYING!
- We welcome both canon characters as well as OCs, but please read the rules closely before heading over to the submit/apply page.
- Before you join, please complete a character request form. Do not begin posting as a part of the RP before you’ve received approval. Once you have received approval you must refer to the Wayward Orphans group somewhere on your account. Original characters are welcome, but do require approval. You do not have to fill out a form if you are creating an OC for a specific plot, but you do have to inform the mods.
- If a character is abandoned and adopted by a new player, they have a blank slate: The new player will decide what if any previous plots or headcanons are still in place. Other characters should adjust accordingly following the abandonment of a character by a player. The new player does NOT have to follow any plots previously started no matter how far along it is.
- Multiple Characters: We’re limiting characters to a maximum of three per player for now. Each character must be requested separately and there is a wait of 2 weeks between each app.
- On joining the rp we request that you track the following tags to make sure posts and notifications don’t get lost on the dash… womodpost, wofollow, wounfollow. (With the player used tags, wostarter and woupdate).
- Follow all your fellow players - this is a given… O_O
- Please make a dedicated blog for the RP. Not a sub-blog (as asks and replies become confusing), not a blog you use for here and in another game.
- WO is a closed group RP - As our dash can be fast moving at times, interaction with independent blogs/other groups who are not set in this AU could cause confusion, especially if it’s a character already in the AU. We don’t allow interaction with external rp’s - if you wish to do that, feel free to make an indie account!
- Update regularly: This is a very active RP, but you by no means have to update daily if that isn’t possible for you. However, if a week passes without an update and you don’t inform a mod of an extended absence, your character will be re-opened. Activity notices will be posted after one week inactive - you have 2 days to contact the mods to request hiatus or begin posting (please see more detail below about hiatus).
- ‘Activity’ posts must be rp posts to the dash with other members of WO, not the ooc blog, or queued pictures.
- Three ‘activity notices’ without informing the mods will result in your character being reopened.
- People with multiple characters - posting on one character doesn’t constitute activity for all of them - if you want to take on multiple characters please be sure you have the time to dedicate to each or you may be asked to drop one.
- Sticking to the minimum activity is fine when we know you’re busy, but one two line reply once a week over a long period of time doesn’t really cut it as far as being ‘active’ in an rp. If you only and consistently post the bare minimum, you will also get an activity warning.
If you miss the activity checks with no response your character will be reopened. If you would like to reclaim your character or believe it was reopened unfairly, send a message to the main.
Posting to the dash;
- Be Respectful: You won’t always agree with what a character says or does. If you’re having problems with another player please contact the moderators through the ask box.
- Reporting a Rule Break: The mods keep a close watch on things, but we can’t be around all the time. If you feel someone is breaking a rule (especially ones that relate to how a player treats their fellow players) please send us a message. We don’t go in for he said/she said nonsense so any offending material or evidence of a rule break should be documented (screencaps, etc.). We will keep anyone filing a complaint anonymous.
- This is a PARA/MULTI-PARA RPG. Gif convos etc are also welcome.
- Cut down replies; You only need the para you’re replying to and the one you are writing - multiple paras reposted repeatedly just makes the dash harder to navigate. Again, this goes for convos and gif paras.
- Challenges/drabbles/au; If you want to take part in tumblr rp challenges, or post au drabbles, ship opinions, etc, please can you tag them as ‘wooffplot’ so people can tumblr savior these and see a ‘canon only dash’ if they wish.
- Posting pics to the dash; Feel free to post pics of your character, but remember, the dash is for RP, there’s an ooc blog and also the AIM chat for ooc stuff - keep pic posting to a minimum, or to things that may be relevant to your threads.
- While grammar and spelling are nice, and we’d like to keep the standard as high as possible, they’re not worth whining over - please understand that some of our players may not have english as a first language and things may get a little muddled from time to time. If you don’t understand something - just ask!
- If you wish to see a ‘canon only’ dash, please use tumblr saviour to block the ‘wooffplot’ tag.
- Any open starters can be tagged wostarter. And we use woupdate to track monthly character update posts! (You may want to track both of these tags as well as the ‘main blog’ ones) :3
Dash content, mature and triggery subjects;
- This RP will contain mature themes [NC-17]. So be able to handle sex, alcohol, violence, gore, addiction etc. If you are uncomfortable with any of these then please don’t audtion. Mature warnings will not be given (only assumed) NSFW. People are free to post under the cut [read more] if they wish, but this is not a requirement.
- NC-17 content means that players under the age of 18 should NOT apply for a character. This is not a ‘guideline’ it’s a legal requirement. If after acceptance, we find out that your age on the app was misleading and that you do not meet this requirement, you will be removed from the game. No hesitation, no warning. Please see THIS POST for more info.
- Please use your discretion about tagging things/using the ‘read more’ for your posts - particularly anything which may contain non/dub-con, excessive violence etc. and tag with trigger warnings as appropriate.
- For more information about what is/is not acceptable on the WO dash, please see THIS POST.
- As mods, we reserve the right to add to and/or alter existing rules at any moment. If this comes to pass, all players will be informed of the change via a mod post from the main blog.
- We also reserve the right to expel players for misbehavior without recourse, and at our discretion.
Major character changes/abilities/equipment/vehicles, etc;
- Because the rp involves creatures such as vampires and hybrids, if you are playing a human/werewolf character and wish to be ‘turned’ then please run it by the mods for approval.
- Feel free to discuss this with other players and plot, but give us a heads up before starting the thread.
- If you join the rp as a certain species, or with certain skills (as detailed in the bio) you can’t just assume extra abilities/powers ad hoc unless it’s part of an established thread/plot. Remember, half the fun of rp-ing is to play to your characters weaknesses as well as their strengths
- Equipment - most characters will start off with the basics for survival. Weapons do not have unlimited ammo, this is the apocalypse, so resources are scarce.
- Some characters have vehicles for transport, but fuel is scarce and will have to be scavenged, and roads are sketchy at best.
- For more info, please see the 2016 canon page.
Anons and magic anons:
- Please feel free to ask for both anons and magic anons. But remember the genre you’re playing in! If anything a little too ridiculous comes into your ask, we ask you to use your discretion as to whether to play it out or not!
- The effects of a magic anon should not be permanent. If you wish to make any major permanent changes to your character please consider who else in the rp this will effect and if in doubt, run it by the mods, just in case.
- Anons/Magic!Anons can be canon or non-canon (as far as RP goes). Anything you want to be non-canon just tag with the ‘offplot’ tag so people will know whether they are or not (and can tumblr saviour things if they just want to see a ‘canon’ dash).
- Basically, it’s up to you to use your discretion about what should or shouldn’t be involved in canon…
e.g. Turning into another creature/human, just think about the knock on effects for your character if they do something they might ‘regret’ what other characters might be effected, etc.
e.g. Aging/deaging - depending on the extremity it could be canon (turning into a teenager), but having toddlers running around in canon might push plot to an extreme in some circumstances.
e.g. Sex changes - probably won’t make that much of a difference overall…
e.g. Mpreg - Nope, (please see the rule at the bottom of this page). Feel free to play it out as a crack/AU verse with other people and use the ‘offplot’ tag. Because of the nature of the rp, in canon mpreg/children story lines need to be approved by the mods.
e.g. Bodyswaps, again, depending on who it’s with feel free to include it in canon or not, it’s entirely up to you.
- We appreciate that you may wish to get to know your fellow players via instant messaging. However, any roleplay that occurs via either AIM or MSN or something similar will NOT count towards RP canon unless the transcript of the conversation or a summary is posted (within 12 hours of the convo happening please). This is to prevent plot progressing without other players being aware.
- This is a TUMBLR based RP - so unless it’s on the dash - it didn’t happen!
- We also have an ooc blog for plotting, general chit chat, death threats, marriage proposals, etc. It gets a little crazy in there, but all characters will be invited to join when accepted!
- There are also a lot of OOC discussions on group AIM chats.
- Please remember - even if someone is ‘in-character’ in the OOC blog or on AIM - those actions cannot be taken as rp canon unless a summary/transcript is posted to the dash and with the agreement of all players involved.
Sex, love and relationships:
- All ships welcome in this harbour… You can do any ship you would like (with the other players consent). If there’s a particular ship you don’t agree with… don’t do it, but please keep any negative opinions to yourself.
- Mature content or graphic descriptions may be on the dash - this rp does not require the use of ‘read mores’. Though some players choose to use them.
- While we encourage characters to build relationships with others, the nature of the role-play means that close interaction with all players will be necessary. Please do not approach this role play with a single ‘ship’ or ‘relationship’ in mind. From experience, the ‘pairing’ of players often results in isolation from the group as a whole. We encourage multiple ships and ‘open’ relationships within this rp. And while your character may become jealous - you as a player should not. Besides… Threesomes can be fun.
- No. Just no. Don’t ask. The answer is still no. Unless you are playing an amazon, then there is NO pregnancy allowed in this rp.
- Adopting older children who may have been orphaned during the apocalypse may be possible, but this MUST be run by the mods first. These characters will need to be played by an rp’er and we will not accept NPC’s.
Other RP’s (group and indie accounts):
- We know a lot of our players are involved in multiple RP’s and some of you even mod your own, but we ask that you be polite and respectful and not promo other things on the dash.
- We do have an affiliates page and if the mod of another RP would like to contact us, we’re more than happy to do a promo post and add links/descriptions etc. to the page - we’re all about sharing the love! <3
- We know that RL gets in the way of rp (how dare it), and sometimes you won’t be able to post, or you need to give your muse a little breather. In this case, then please request a hiatus! We really don’t mind people taking a break!
- This also helps players (and is just common courtesy) who might be expecting a reply as they can concentrate on other threads in your absence.
- Not posting to the dash could result in your character being reopened, and we’d hate to do that if you want to keep them!
- That being said, when requesting hiatus, if you could give us an idea of how long you think you would need, that would be great as we’ve had characters request a week or two, and then disappear for months. If this happens and you don’t get in touch to extend, your character[s] will be reopened as it’s not fair on people who do post regularly to be kept waiting for so long. Hiatus will usually be given for a month and if we don’t hear from you again to extend further, your character will be reopened.